7.04.2011

Fourth of July Celebration Ideas and Watermelon cupcakes


With all the party searching I have been doing, I am seeing parties in my sleep. So it seems like a no-brainer than my post for the 4th of July will be great ideas for a Independence Day party.



An adorable flag garland would be a great decoration out on the porch while you eat.


I like this take on party favors, or even a way to wrap up something to eat for the party. They are mini pies, wrapped in twine. I love that they are store bought and easy, but look really cute. She also filled up mini jars with blue gumballs.
I love this choice of "all American" food- corn, hamburgers, peanuts, pie, and watermelon!

http://tiniposh.blogspot.com/


While this is not exactly Fourth of July, I think Watermelon screams summer.

 So when I came across this collage of adorable Watermelon ideas, I thought it would also be fitting for a July 4th party. I think my favorite part of the whole collage is the Watermelon cupcakes.

At the risk of being pro-cupcake all the time (which I am!) I think these are just so creative. The “seeds” are mini chocolate chips and they are topped with green icing. Just so cute. And I am sure they are just as refreshing and healthy as slices of watermelon, as well. That is what I will tell myself when I am making them and licking the bowl of batter clean.

I will not tell myself what I was told about watermelons as a child, and that is that if you eat a Watermelon seed then one will grow in your stomach. I believed that as long *as I believed that if you made a funny face and someone hit your back, it would be stuck that way.
*last year

I like this vintage fourth card because it looks like he is dancing a lil freedom jig. As well he should. We all should!
Happy Fourth of July and God Bless America!

In the past on the blog...

South Africa on the Fourth of July of 2008? Find out here....
Favorite flag inspired gifts
Quote that makes me thankful to be an American

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Western designs apply on your paper card which looks cool!!!!Especially the color combination....
plastic id cards online
plastic key tags