7.14.2011

Rock on! Concert Poster Art

I live in Texas, and that means that we all love Willie Nelson. Okay, maybe not, but he's a Texan, so he is one of our own.

I may not love his stand on drugs, but I do love his concert poster! What great design. So simple, yet so creative.  Who would think braids could be iconic?



(via CMYBacon)

It made me wonder what other great Concert Poster Design I have been missing...

These are from the same Willie Nelson design agency...



This is my very favorite! I love it!



Hatch Show print has super cool vintage-looking letterpress posters...




And in honor of one of my favorite shows, here is a Flight of the Conchords poster. So just pick up a ka-bob and a lasagna for one and enjoy...


While this is not a concert poster, I found a fasinating new site called letterheady.com. They have letterheads of famous people. Marilyn Monroe, Adolph Hitler...its fasinating. I thought Johnny Cash's was cute, optismtic, and not black.



Johnny Cash Letterhead

Which poster was your favorite?

No comments: