7.22.2010

Greetings from Savannah, Georgia...

The home of Southern Hospitality and Paula Deen! :)
My mom, sister, and I took a spur-of-the-moment trip to Savannah and had a fabulous time. Here are some highlights..

The Lighthouse on the Beach. I forgot what this part is called...anyone..?
Its the part of Savannah that has a beach. Can't remember.

This is a fountain in the oldest park in Savannah- so pretty.
And what trip would be complete without TONS of Southern Food?!? We waiting in line to eat here

Which is Paula Deen's original restaurant called Lady and Sons. (What an adorable name! I could name my restaurant that too, but at this point, I am just Lady and Son. It doesn't quite havethe same ring! and oh yeah, I am sure she owns the rights. And another thing, I have no desire to open a restaurant. But I do love the name.)

And ate this:

Chicken Pot Pie with a bread-y crust concoction. YUM! The food was delicious! And of course, was our favorite part! :)

It was a great trip and a nice quick getaway! And its GREAT to be home!

Has anyone else been there? Any favorite sights or favorite meals?

Happy weekend, all!

2 comments:

Lori said...

We just had some friends move to Savannah and I'm super eager to go visit.

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

That is a perfect place to have a friend! Such a beautiful city and so much to do and see! And eat! Ha ha ha !