5.19.2010

Its time to party, in a cyber-blogging-way.

I am excited to share that the Come Together Cards Blog is getting even MORE creative!
I have been wanting to feature party ideas on the blog for awhile. In fact, I will always accept pictures of the party you just had! Its clear to me that paper and celebrating go together so well. And, of course, I LUV a good, well decorated party.
So, imagine my surprise when an expert was in my bloggy backyard!

Meet Angie.

I met Angie several years ago when I worked for an adoption agency and her husband and her came through for their first adoption. We had mutual friends and hit if off. They ended up adopting two adorable boys which keep her busy and active. Meanwhile, her husband makes mine laugh by sending him random twitter notes from obscure basketball players from the mid-80s.

I had no idea that all this time Angie had talent for party planning until she started her blog recently. And ding-ding-ding, a bloggy partnership was born. Angie will be bringing us Inspiration: Celebrate every other Wednesday. You will see what a creative eye she has- you are going to love what she brings us. Seeing the photos she finds makes me want to plan a ROCKIN' PARTY! :)

So, please enjoy the first installment of Inspiration:Celebrate!

Hey yall, this is Angie. I am so excited about today’s inspiration board. Can you believe I actually set out in search of the perfect "Father's Day" theme? My mind was set on finding the classic preppy couture Lacoste Alligator, White Whale, or even Ralph Lauren Polo look.

Be still my pounding heart- I went from GUYS to GALS in a flash. Take a look at the LATEST party crave- PiNk & PRepPY- this is not your average private school girl party.

Just picture your lil’ preppy princess being the center of attention at her next “Preppy-n-Pink” birthday celebration.





Don’t these fun colors and prints just get you in the mood for a day at the country club?

Start by thinking preppy- textures, sports, fashion:
Argyle, plaid, grosgrain headbands, layered cotton with collar up, everything monogrammed, green, pink, golf, tennis, polo, croquet, top-siders, grosgrain belts, sweaters, I think you are starting to get the idea.
NoW, put this all together to start planning the perfect “Pretty-n-Pink” celebration.


Keep the pink and green theme going through out the party.

From invitations, to napkins, to flowers….

Grosgrain ribbon belts make great party favors. You can even add them to your table décor.



Have guests pose for pictures on a golf cart or even chauffeur guests through the neighborhood.




Set up different stations in the backyard for croquet, tennis, or even a putting green. Have a fashion show for the guests to show off their “Preppy Style”.



Buckets of tennis balls and golf balls make great decorations.






This theme is can be tweaked for a fun co-ed wedding shower or even just a dinner party with friends.

Tootalloo,

Angie

Wynnscapes Home

Inspiration from:
ttp://www.swankytablesblog.com/
http://tastefullyentertaining.blogspot.com
bombshelleventplanner.wordpress.com/

This is not the only new addition to the blog this week!

Wait for it...Wait for it...

2 comments:

party favors said...

When I read this post it reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

Oh fun! Thanks for passing it on! :)