3.05.2011

10 fun facts and guilty pleasures


My 30th birthday was an all PINK party

This is my birthday weekend, and if you are me, that means you want to celebrate for about a week. I like for my birthday to last a really long time until everyone is sick of it :) So, blogger friends, you must play along too! I thought it would be fun to post some random tidbits about myself that you may not know...

                  • My nickname is Dot b/c my nephew couldn't say Courtney when he was little and somehow Dot stuck. Now, a majority of people in my life call me Dot. So, no, its not short for Dorothy. Although Courtney Dorothy does have a beautiful ring to it.

  • I bought our current car by myself while my husband was out of town. (with his blessing, of course!). I researched it, haggled, and drove it home. Cue the music to "Independent Women" now...

  • When I was a kid, I wanted to be a anchorperson until I figured out the media sometimes can exploit people to make a better news story.  If I could make myself stand the sight of blood, I would be a nurse, now. I think the hours can be worked out great for raising kids. But since I have the weakest stomach just looking at raw hamburger meat, I don't think my future is going to work out as an RN.


  • We were Ron Burgendy and Veronica Corningstone for Halloween
  • Odd jobs I have had:
    Cable box picker-upper
    Gap and Sephora
    Mystery Shopper
    Adoption Counselor
    Preschool Bible Study Associate
 
  •  I bite my nails. I try to paint them b/c I don't bite them if they are painted, but since they are not fake, the paint does not stay on very long and I bite them again. I have overcome this habit a million different times in my life, but no matter what, my thumbs are ALWAYS short.
  • I was held at gunpoint by a Branch Dividian in college

  • I am not anal about many things, but one matter than I like to plan well is time management. I do not like to waste time at all. This quality can be good and bad. I have to be aware of it in places like bible studies (or anywhere where we tend to wonder off track or do not have a structured schedule ). I like to be effective in carrying things out so I have time to do all that I need to do and then spend time with my family, so I have to really watch this quality so I do not become impatient with others

 
  • I am addicted to drinks from Sonic and Fruit Punch gummies. I like to have a drink in my hand at all times through the day.

  • Every year at Christmas we have the same traditional dinner that my dad had growing up- ham with bread baked around it

  • I never, ever go barefoot. Even around my house. Even in the morning. Never. I always wear house shoes or at the least wear socks.
What is something people don't know about you?

1 comment:

Kimber-Leigh said...

i love these random dot facts :) i had to laugh remembering the night you got back from being held at gunpoint. (okay...it wasn't funny then...just now...but your telling of the story is always hilarious.)

miss you...and just so you know you're not alone...i like my birthday to last a long time too...but i'm pretty sure you already knew that!