8.25.2011

Choosing Exterior Paint is alot like naming a child.

I mean, not to put pressure on myself or anything.
But we close on our house next Tuesday (YAY!!) and I need to find a paint color.
Some things to think about.
  1. The house was built in 1895 and is Victorian style, with trim, woodwork, and wrap around porches.
  2. The house is currently painted the lovely hues of seafoam green, mint green and pink. Yes, you heard that correct.
  3. My husband is probably not too thrilled on living in a house that looks like the tears of a sad clown, and neither am I.
  4. Painting a house takes considerable time and expense, and will likely not be completed again, even if we hate the color we pick. We will be living with it for thousands of dollars thousands of years.
So, I guess I am a feeling a little  bit of pressure.
Oh yeah, I am also needing to pick interior colors. For every room. See above tears of a clown colors and apply that to the inside.
Sigh. (insert whiny voice). Finding paint colors is hard!
So, I have been scouring Pinterest, books, magazines, blogs, websites, and casing the historic neighborhood to see some sort of concoction of hues that might work for us. I think I have settled on a color palette for the exterior. What do you think about these options?
I think this might be my first choice. Taupe, white and accents of red.  I mean, its no seafoam green and pink, but it might be a little more our speed.

 
 
Although I do really like Grey.


 
Light grey is nice too....


But I keep going back to the taupe and red, though.

 


Hm..I am not sure. We could do grey and red, too.
At least I have a reason to spend all this time on Pinterest.
In the name of research, right?
I welcome all opinions and thoughts. I will share the final result whenever I make up my mind.  :)

(all images are from Pinterest)

6 comments:

Bonnie Warren said...

Love the taupe and red. Stick with your first choice it says I am a bit traditional with a pop of playfulness! ha ha. Congrats on the new house!

Melanie said...

I am loving those colors, and the punch of red with the door! Can't wait to see the end result!

Bethany said...

Love the taupe and red. Always go with your first choice :) it will be beautiful!! So exciting!

Michelle A Thomspon said...

I agree. Go with your 1st choice. Ben & I recently painted the exterior and interior of our current home and I regret NOT going with my 1st choice :( It will do since we are hoping to sell our home. However,just last night I was on Sherwin Williams website and they have a tab that you can up load a photo of a room (not sure about the exterior of the house) and apply paint to see what the room will look like. That would have came in real handy for us when it came to choosing a color for rooms. Good luck & happy painting!

Kimber-Leigh said...

i think both options would look great!

miss you...so excited to see you soon!

{CuTe CaRd QuEeN} said...

Thank you SO much for your input. Yall are the best. This was helpful!!