10.09.2009

Broadway came to Dallas...


And I talked my husband into going with me.


Well, it wasn't really that hard. He usually is game for a lot of schemes I dream up, and thankfully going to see Mary Poppins when it came to Dallas was a minor one.


We just saw it last night, and it was so fun! I didn't remember a lot about the Disney movie, and read in the Playbill that the play was based on the books more than the movie was. I didn't even know Mary Poppins WAS a book, so that shows how much I know about the story!

The dancing, lights, and production was so super cool. I love to see people dance, (ahem, I was in the drill team, no autographs please!) and the show had amazing, beautiful dancers. The stage came alive, and they did lots of numbers with flying around! It was so, so fun!
I thought about being Mary Poppins and Bert for Halloween, but we had another fun idea so I am going to go with it. Be sure, I will post pictures...but for now its a surprise! :)

On another note, I have some good news to share in just a couple of days, so check back soon!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I saw Mary Poppins on Broadway about 2 years ago and it was FANTASTIC!!!!! The same cast is here in Dallas. They are so good! I love the tap dancing on the ceiling! :)