5.09.2009

being a mom


From a little one in March of 2007...


To this big boy last month...




Is it just me or is it so weird to be the one celebrated on Mother's Day instead of just celebrating your mom? I have been a mom for a couple years now, and I still forget that this day is to celebrate my status and not just take my own Mother to dinner. Although that is nice, too.


This day makes me realize how FAST the time goes. As if I needed a reminder. And God has perfect timing, because this has been one of the HARDER weeks to be a mom. My son is 2 1/2 and is fighting bedtime with screaming fits. It is all I can do to think clearly and not just break down and cry with him. But, its only for a season- I know it!! It is good to have an official day to remember WHY we do what we do- that its not just about changing diapers or being bossy, but that we really ARE investing in a little human that God has made us responsible to bring to adulthood. Shew. Its a big job. No wonder I am so tired!!


Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, future moms, and people with Moms! Celebrate and tell your mother that you *love* her!!



My GREAT mom...


No comments: